Saturday, April 13, 2013

Aliens - In Space No One Can Hear You Scream

As a chess player, this is my favorite scene from the 1986 classic "Aliens":

Queen takes Bishop
Queen takes Bishop
Queen takes Bishop
An artist's rendition of the same scene; clearly the "Zerg" race in Starcraft 2 was inspired by the Alien films
The first two films of the Alien franchise are among my favorite science fiction movies. I prefer dark and gloomy science fiction over the PG-13 comic relief embarrassments such as the Star Wars franchise.
If Star Wars was as dark as the first Terminator, it would far and away be the best science fiction franchise out there. But characters like 3-CPO and Jar Jar Binks make it very hard for me to enjoy the films.
Aliens - This time it's war. Iconic poster that I remember from my childhood

No comments:

Post a Comment